compensation: Please include desired annual salary with resume submittal employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At Cousin Corp., our team is energetic, dedicated and passionate. The newest addition to this great team will be a Product Developer/Designer to help us develop unique, on trend products for our DIY division. The ideal candidate has a great attitude, is extremely creative, and has a passion for fashion!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of the development process to create products from initial concept through production of assigned product categories
• Adhere to development calendar dates to ensure timely completion of programs
• Partner with Sourcing and designers to maintain the breakdowns of items for each new program
• Update and send all records and information to our manufacturing vendors
• Assist manager to develop strategic ideas, systems and guidelines with Development Team to implement department procedures, and as a daily user of informational systems, i.e. tracking spreadsheets, how to measure manuals, construction standards, etc.
• Maintains all records, and samples associated with the product category and related programs
• Interacts with Designers, Graphic Arts, Merchandising, Quality Control, and sales to distribute product technical details and assure the accuracy, and integrity of all product
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of craft and DIY supplies and materials
• Successful project management skills and knowledge of the product cycle and product development timelines
• Experience creating and updating Tech Packs
• Proficient with Illustrator to create customized designs from sketch
• Strong analytical, problem solver and interactive negotiation skills
• Prior working knowledge of specifications management and product costing
• Working with samples to organize and update quantities on hand
• Communication with overseas vendors is a plus
• Proven track record in assisting in the development of procedures, implementing processes and meeting deadlines
• Must be able to multi-task since there are numerous projects running simultaneously
• Ability to comprehend directions quickly, and maintain an organized work space
• Assist with packing, storing items, locating items
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds on occasion and be able to twist, turn, bend, stoop, lift hands over your head and have very good corrected eyesight and hand/eye dexterity
• 2-3 years of Related Product Development experience
• Bachelor's Degree preferred but not necessary or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in product development in a medium or large size company, preferably in the craft or fashion category
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
Salary and Benefits
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K, paid vacation and holidays
How to Apply
Please reply with a resume and cover letter, tell us about yourself and how your prior work experience would benefit us in this position. If you have a portfolio link please include that along with your wage history for your last two positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, drug free and conduct educational/background verification.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes for other positions which are not vacant.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers