Maintains building environment and grounds by maintaining building, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment; providing housekeeping, grounds keeping, and repair services.
* Secures building and occupants by maintaining alarm and fire protection devices.
* Keeps equipment operational, systems and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; maintaining maintenance records; following policies and procedures; completing repairs and installing replacement parts; reporting needed changes.
* Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up litter from walkways and parking lot; painting; mowing the lawns and cleaning surrounding landscape.
* Completes special requests by hauling files and boxes; moving furniture; setting up furnishings; preparing rooms for meetings; assembling public announcement and audio visual equipment; following manufacturer's operating and care guidelines; completing repairs and installing replacement parts.
* Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures; cleaning counters, walls, ceiling and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors; vacuuming and shampooing furniture and carpeting; requesting products/supplies necessary for stocking restrooms and lunchrooms; removing recyclables.
* Maintains building climate by trouble-shooting heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment.
* Maintains lighting by installing light bulbs and ballasts; repairing electrical wiring and fixtures.
* Maintains system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatuses.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.