compensation: Starting at $60,000 plus bonus and higher pay based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Truss Plant Shift Supervisor responsible for shift’s success and personnel. This will include achieving and maintaining production goals and department objectives while working with the sales team to meet demand. You will be paid hourly and you will make bonuses on the production and profitability of the company.
Why Work at Ridgway Roof Truss?
Ridgway Roof Truss Co., Inc., located in Gainesville, Florida is one of the oldest truss manufacturers in the country. We have been fabricating roof and floor trusses since 1959. We specialize in multi-family truss production.
Responsibilities expected of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensure the facility is staffed with qualified and engaged personnel
• Train and coach staff to hit their maximum potential
• Develop, review, coordinate daily production plans and problem solve when necessary to ensure smooth production
• Develop strategies to improve the overall operational performance of the plant and yard operations
• Work with customers and sales team to develop and maintain good standing relationships with high quality customer service
• Fiscal responsibility for the profitability of the plant
• Coordinate with Maintenance department of any corrective actions or equipment maintenance issues
• Track and communicate key performance indicators to management
• Ensure plant remains in good standing with Truss Plate Institute (TPI)
• Ensure facility housekeeping meets 5S and TPI standards
• Ensure that plant adheres to all local, state, and federal agencies requirements including OSHA and ADEM
• Saturday and/or Sunday work will be required.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Ability to provide clear task assignments, create a shared understanding of strategic direction, promote a sense of purpose and inspire motivation
• Possess a strong customer orientation
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop teams
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience:
• 2+ years manufacturing leadership experience; Must have worked as a table leader on roof truss and floor truss lines and have run an automated component saw.
• Mitek Truss Software experience preferred
• Physical Work Requirements - Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally
• Sit/Stand frequently
• Occasional automotive travel to job sites and work locations
You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by management. Drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
• Truss Plant Management: 2 years (Preferred)
• High School Diploma
• One location
• $60,000 annually plus bonuses. Salaried. More will be paid based on experience level.
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Paid time off
Ridgway is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Ridgway, please call. Please do not send resumes to this company email address. Use this site response to send in resume, it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW-English/Spanish, EEO IS THE LAW – SUPPLEMENT -English/Spanish,Pay Transparency Provision-English/Spanish.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers