Part time experienced family law paralegal needed. Able to commit to 5-10 hours a week. maximum. Necessary skills are as follows:
1. Able to communicate with clients (gathering their documents) and opposing counsel;
2. Able to effectively communicate with me concerning tasks assigned and giving adequate notice/reasonable expectation of when tasks will be completed;
2. Prepare financial affidavits and mandatory disclosure, discovery (interrogatories and requests for production), set deadlines;
3. Prepare trial/hearing notebooks/organize files, indexes, etc.;
4. Able to use Hover, E-Portal and JAWS in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas County and their corresponding websites;
5. Set hearings, file Notices of Hearings and calendar same;
6. Can work remote on most/all tasks depending on paralegal's remote set up or at my office.
7. Where and when you do the work doesn't matter to me (as long as it gets done)-you set your hours.
Pay is negotiable. Please do not respond unless experienced in these areas and able to commit to the 5-10 hours weekly. I do not need a legal assistant unless you happen to be in the rare circumstance that you are proficient in the areas above and just haven't been certified. I'm a solo practitioner who is easy to work with: if I have a list of tasks that need to be done by a certain time I simply need to know if it's doable so that I can adjust myself accordingly and take care of whatever it is that is too much for the week. There may be some weeks where there isn't much to be done. May need extra help on trial weeks, unless we can adequately prepare in advance to avoid surpassing the 10 hours weekly and stressing everyone out. I just need someone who is adept and can easily transition. I don't need a huge formal response to this inquiry, just a work history and if you are capable of the tasks above without any training. If you have some personal injury and criminal experience then that's great as well, but my practice is mostly family law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers