compensation: see posting for details employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Love the restaurant business, but are tired of working for the same stale, big box concepts that don't allow you to express your creativity? Introducing one of the most innovative and exciting concepts in the Tampa area...CinéBistro , A Restaurant That Shows Movies.
Picture upscale and creative American Bistro cuisine developed by our Executive Chefs using only high-quality, locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible. Accompanied by an extensive collection of wines and Hollywood-inspired cocktails, CinéBistro creates a dinner-and-a-movie experience like no other. Friendly and knowledgeable staff provide seat-side service in the movie auditoriums, while guests relax in pampered comfort in over-sized leather seats, complete with attached individual dining tables. The CinéBistro experience includes all of this and much more in an ambiance of style and sophistication. Our cozy bar and lounge is always a favorite spot for guests, even if not seeing a movie.
We are seeking a Sous Chef who has the following Qualifications:
* A minimum of 1 year of executive sous chef, sous chef, or kitchen manager experience in a from-scratch high volume kitchen operation in an upper-casual restaurant
or white table cloth concepts. A blend of experience in both corporate chains and
independent concepts is preferred. Experienced Line Cooks with high volume
experience and culinary graduates looking to grow with an expanding company are
encouraged to apply.
* Creative ability to create new menu items and specials.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly articulate directions and
expectations and has the sincere desire to build, coach, and develop successful teams.
* Ability to foster an environment where team members are engaged and have a sense of
* Passion for and commitment to the restaurant industry.
* Entrepreneurial attitude and approach to thinking required to lead an emerging
concept/brand (i.e. sees big picture, embraces critical thinking, quest for continuous
* Commitment to fostering an environment of superior guest service and quality; ability
to successfully resolve guest service issues.
* Excellent analytical, planning/organizational, and problem-solving skills.
* Computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to pass a thorough background check.
* Ability to relocate for upward mobility.
Job Responsibilities Include:
* Ensuring a high level of quality and consistency of product at all times.
* Establishing and maintaining a TEAM environment that displays a high level of energy,
engagement, and builds ownership.
* Assisting Executive Chef in development of menu specials including recipes, cost, and
* Maintaining sanitation, cleanliness, and safety in kitchen operations that meets
company standards and complies with government regulations.
* Achieving desired results relative to the management of food and labor costs, while not
sacrificing the guest experience.
* Ensuring that kitchen equipment is properly maintained and fully operational.
* Ordering, receiving, and maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
Working for CMX CinéBistro comes with a lot of entrepreneurial responsibilities and
really great perks:
* Highly competitive compensation
* Health, dental, vision insurance
* Life and disability insurance
* Paid vacations
* Free movies and meal privileges
* Professional career development opportunities based on performance