Organization Overview: The Outreach Team is a progressive company that works with nonprofit organizations to run grassroots campaigns for social change nationwide. In our Tampa office, we are managing outreach and fundraising campaign efforts on behalf of Amnesty International, the world’s largest human rights advocacy organization. Our work is focused on making a global impact and fighting for refugee rights with Amnesty International’s “I Welcome” campaign!
Position Summary: We are seeking Membership Engagement Staff to join our Tampa team working on behalf of Amnesty International and human rights. Our team members:
• Make a Difference on Issues: We are on the front lines of some of the most critical social change movements in the world. On our team, your voice and your ideas matter and make a real difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and drive meaningful social change.
• Raise Money: Membership Engagement Staff are responsible for effectively and efficiently collecting contributions and signing up new members for Amnesty International through door-to-door canvassing outreach in communities around the Greater Tampa Bay Area. Donations from members are what allow us to build the budget and political power to help our clients win their campaigns. As one of our staff, you raise awareness of the global refugee crisis, build financial support for Amnesty International, and help grow a global movement of over 7 million people.
Growth Opportunities: The Outreach Team is quickly expanding, having grown from 5 to 10 offices in 2019, we are preparing to open more in the fall. We currently have various leadership positions available with opportunities to advance to field management or field director after demonstrating success as a canvasser.
Required Qualifications: Our ideal candidate has:
• Strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and a passion for human rights
• Are able to work within a team, receive feedback, and work independently
• Previous canvassing, sales, non-profit, customer service or political campaign experience preferred but not required
• Must be willing and able to approach members of the public at their place of residence in a fast paced environment, and cover a large territory each day
• Must be able to meet weekly and monthly fundraising standards and quotas
• Are comfortable walking for long periods of time
Compensation and Benefits:
• $16.00 to $26.00 depending on location, level of experience, and advancement
• Generous uncapped performance-based bonuses
• Medical coverage (after 90 days)
• Paid time off for sick, vacation, and personal leave (after 20 shifts)